Severe head & neck pain can be disabling. For this reason, our first priority is pain relief. Treating the underlying causes of identifiable movement dysfunction is the next step toward achieving long-term relief and recovery.
We Start with a Thorough Evaluation
When you see a therapist they will ask you following:
- Do you have any previous injuries to your neck, head, or jaw
- When did the pain start, where is it located, what makes it better or worse
- You’ll be asked to draw a picture of where it hurts
- The therapist will perform special range of motion, strength, and sensation tests
- There will be an assessment of your posture during sitting, standing, and performing various activities
- Areas like the jaw, neck, shoulders, and middle back will be examined as well.
After we’ve asked you questions and performed a thorough exam, we will provide you with a summary of the findings and a personalized plan of care.
Hands-on techniques, in most cases, are an essential part of a successful head and neck pain treatment program. Our therapists apply the following approaches to the treatment of headaches:
- Cutting-edge manual skills to for pain relief, relaxation, and recovery of motion.
- Postural retraining to reestablish positioning of the head neck and trunk.
- Neuromuscular reeducation to relax tense muscles and reactivate weak muscular support of the head and neck.
- Stretching techniques to alleviate muscle related pain and tightness.
- Therapeutic exercise to improve muscle endurance and maintain good posture.
- Modification of your workstation or home office.
Evidence is Our Guide
Medical research is continuously providing our clinicians at REBUILD Physical Therapy & Wellness with “current best-evidence” guidance so we are equipped to provide the state-of-the-art care to our community members.
We look to systematic reviews and random controlled trials to help guide us in the delivery of state-of-the-art care. Coupled with regular attendance to continuing education courses, REBUILD Physical Therapy & Wellness has a reputation for providing a high-quality service to those in need of head and neck pain rehabilitation.